Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall is here!

Well, I don't know about you, but I am SUPER excited for fall! I love everything about it; the clothes, the weather, the warm food, the apple cider, etc. What's your favorite part? (:

I really like my memory verse for the week, so I thought I'd share it with you all:

Luke 9:23-24
"Then he said to them all, 'If anyone wants to become my follower, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it."

A couple of kids from my youth group and I were talking about what this verse really means, and I found it quite interesting. First, the verse says you must deny yourself. But what does that really mean? I personally think it means putting others before yourself, and not being selfish. Next, the verse says he must "take up his cross daily, and follow me." Now it doesn't mean literally picking up a big wooden cross and walking. It's saying that you must pick up your faith and do what God is calling you to do, all day every day. Then, in verse 24, its saying that whoever tries to save their life on their own without God will lose it, but whoever gives his life to God and is willing to do what God has planned for them, will go to be with God in the end.

Have a blessed day! Comment if you have any of your own ideas of what this verse means! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment